It is the mission of the Marissa Unit #40 School system to foster and develop a desire to learn, provide and establish tools to know how to learn, and build and instill confidence to know that the student can learn. To accomplish this mission, the following are our objectives
- Establish a clear school mission.
- Provide each student the opportunity to learn.
- Base each subject's instructional program upon a tightny coupled curriculum.
- Have high expectations and standards for student achievement.
- Monitor student progress.
- Provide a safe, orderly environment for learning.
- Develop and provide instructional leadership.
- Ensure parent participation and assistance.
- Each school periodically reports its "effective school" progress to the board of education.