- Establish a clear school mission.
- Provide each student the opportunity to learn.
- Base each subject's instructional program upon a tightny coupled curriculum.
- Have high expectations and standards for student achievement.
- Monitor student progress.
- Provide a safe, orderly environment for learning.
- Develop and provide instructional leadership.
- Ensure parent participation and assistance.
- Each school periodically reports its "effective school" progress to the board of education.
Marissa District 40 is officially notifying its students, parents/guardians that it may not request or require a student to provide a password or other account related information to gain access to a student's account or profile on a social networking website even if the district has reasonable cause to believe that the student's account on a social networking website contains evidence that the student has violated a disciplinary rule or policy.
All persons within the District 40 between the ages of 5 - 21 have the right and opportunity to a free and equal education. If you have a child that is between these ages, please contact the following individuals:
Mrs. Lacey Schmersahl, Principal
Pre-K through 6th Grade
Dr. Vince Hughes, Principal