It is the mission of the Marissa Unit #40 School system to foster and develop a desire to learn, provide and establish tools to know how to learn, and build and instill confidence to know that the student can learn. To accomplish this mission, the following are our objectives.
- Establish a clear school mission.
- Provide each student the opportunity to learn.
- Base each subject's instructional program upon a tightly coupled curriculum.
- Have high expectations and standards for student achievement.
- Monitor student progress.
- Provide a safe, orderly environment for learning.
- Develop and provide instructional leadership.
- Ensure parent participation and assistance.
- Each school periodically reports its "effective school" progress to the board of education.
Marissa District 40 is officially notifying its students, parents/guardians that it may not request or require a student to provide a password or other account-related information to gain access to a student's account or profile on a social networking website even if the district has reasonable cause to believe that the student's account on a social networking website contains evidence that the student has violated a disciplinary rule or policy.
All persons within District 40 between the ages of 5 - 21 have the right and opportunity to free and equal education. If you have a child that is between these ages, please contact the following individuals:
Mrs. Lacey Schmersahl, Principal
Pre-K through 6th Grade
Mrs. Missy Meyer, Principal
7th through 12th Grade
Mr. Jeff Strieker, Superintendent